Monday, January 10, 2011


So far I have had a wonderful vacation.  In addition to going to Atlanta, I hit up my parents in New Mexico!  Note to self: flying out of Atlanta (or probably any big city for that matter,) at 6 am on New Year's Day morning is a terrible idea.  It was extremely difficult to get a taxi.  I am however thankful that I didn't have to take the taxi to the airport by myself.  I had two other passengers, which made it about $15/person.   As soon as I got in line to check-in, I overheard that our flight was already being delayed by two hours! Apparently the pilots had to take mandated time off to sleep because they had been delayed so much the day before.  So of course this led me to miss my connection in Denver.  I got rebooked for the same day (thank goodness, because when Britton called the airline, they told him the afternoon flight was completely booked.)  I got on my flight at 3:30? but half way to Durango, we got turned around because of a non-hazardous mechanical error.  At this point, I just started crying.  I was extremely sleep deprived and I  just wanted to relax.  Airport floors don't make good beds.   Fortunately they had another plane that we were basically able to just change over too. And I made it to Durango about 10 hours after expected.

My parents had made me an air mattress to sleep on, but their two adorable kittens popped it! haha.  So, instead I slept in the living room, either on my dad's chair and the couch.  On Sunday, my mom and I went to Durango to check out the mall there, because neither of had been there.  We wandered through Bed, Bath and Beyond but didn't get anything there.  We went to all of the other stores, including a shop that was really cute, but didn't have anything in exactly my size.  However, it was pretty awesome because their plus sizes were 0, 1, 2, and 3. :) that was fun.  Then we drove back to Farmington to go buy new bras! I finally found one that is super cute! :) We went to a few other stores and then decided that we needed dinner.

On Monday, I woke up feeling pretty stiff, so Dad and I spent the whole day shopping for a bed.  We finally found one at the end of the day.  It was a lot of fun wandering around and testing out beds.  Dad almost bought a new Temperpedic, but they are REALLY expensive.  So, we just got a cheap mattress.

We didn't do a whole lot the rest of the week.  I lost some money at the casinos (though, I really lost Dad's money).  Those things seem like they'll just ruin your life.  On Friday, we bought the new table my mom has been looking at for so long! It's really pretty and I can't wait to go back and use it.

Saturday was filled with flying.  Uncle Rick and Aunt Cindy picked me up and took me out to lunch.  We ate at a pizza place called the Rock.  mmmm that was delicious.  I went back to their cute little house and while I waited for Kim to come pick me up.  After that, I went with Kim and Tim to 5 Guys and hung out.  

Yesterday, we went to the World Forestry Museum.  It was a lot of fun to look at all the different trees and foresting techniques that exist.  We had dinner at an amazing Indian place.  I really liked it and I really want to try more things in that cuisine.

Today we went to the Oregon Zoo.  The African Safari was mostly closed down, but overall it was still fun.  I forgot how much I love sea otters!  They are soooooooo cute!  We ended the zoo by buying some fudge and taking another trip to 5 Guys, since I wasn't able to have a burger last time.

That's up to where I am in my trip.  It's been super relaxing so far and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: