Sunday, June 21, 2009

another day, another blog.

So, I know that I really, really don't like some of the people I work with, but aside from that I really, really like my job. I really think I was meant to work with guests who have never been to Alaska before. And I know they appreciate knowing that I was born and raised here in Alaska, as many tour directors aren't. Unfortunately for me, I'm not a tour director. I drive 17 miles to work and 17 miles home. I work at the El Dorado Gold Mine in Fox. And I love driving, so that isn't the bad part. It's the fact that gas is almost 3 dollars a gallon again! And the fact that there are two people at work that I really can't handle. One is an uber bitch to everyone, except a select few people. And the other just has a negative attitude towards everything. AHHHH! It's obnoxious when the two of them are together. I just want to run away, and if I can, I do! I've considered getting another job... One that's closer to my apartment (which is amazing, by the way). One that I'd hopefully enjoy a little more. Only problem with that is I feel bad for quitting mid-season. And I kind of want that dollar/hour bonus that I recieve at the end of the season. I'm still like 10 weeks out though, and I'm pretty sure both of those girls I can't stand aren't leaving anytime soon.

No comments: