Sunday, June 21, 2009

my parents want to move.

Back in November, my mom left her job at the bank (which she hated) and started working at a correctional facility (which she really likes). Only problem with the situation is that my dad isn't so into the situation. While we were on vacation in Texas in December, my mom said that she would like to be closer to the city. And my dad asked if they moved, would she willingly quit her job and she said yes. My dad has been working on getting a new job, and was recently almost given a position... Only problem being - HR put in a hiring freeze before the manager could put in the paperwork. (Thankfully for me...) I really don't want to see my parents move out of state. I'd have almost no reason to drive down to Kenai anymore. This whole family splitting up thing is weird and I just want to go back ten years. Everyone was happy and we were all together. Now, my middle brother just graduated and my youngest brother only has three years left. If we're all spread out over the country, we'll never see each other and that breaks my heart into a million pieces. My dad's job is supposed to be in Casper, Wyoming. It costs $1500 to fly there from Fairbanks. I can't afford that every Christmas. I can't handle being away from my parents for ever holiday either. I want my parents to be happy, but I really really don't want to see them go. Besides, I'm losing my childhood house. I only remember just a few things about the old trailer anymore, but I remember tons of things about my big blue house.

Don't worry, be happy.

No comments: