Saturday, January 7, 2012

Exercise journal - Day One

Some of you may remember my weight loss blog that I started a long time ago.  I think I posted about a dozen times over the year and a half it was open.  I've decided to cancel that blog and work everything into this one.

So, with that said, I'm watching The Biggest Loser while I write this today.  Already, I did a 15 minute yoga session on my Biggest Loser Kinect game.  I have started the One Hundred Push-Up Challenge.  If you remember from my goals, I want to be down 15 pounds by April 1st, 2012.  I also want to have ripped arms for my wedding!

I challenge you to follow along with me and even do the 100 push up challenge yourself!  By the end of the program, you'll be able to do tons of push ups! You start by doing as many push ups (or alternate push ups, which is what I have opted to start with) as you can.  Then you follow the chart and figure out where you start.  I'm only a level two.  I'll be able to do more later.  My max for day 1 was 10! That impressed me.  I think I probably could have done more, but I want to follow the program.

I've started a written journal in addition to tracking in the Lose It app for my iPhone.

I think tomorrow (if I make it) I want to go start the couch to 5k again.  I am thinking about signing up for Beat Beethoven again.  It would be so awesome to beat last year's score.

In addition to my own motivation, my dad challenged me to loose more weight than him by my wedding.  And I challenged Britton to join us.  We haven't decided on the stakes yet, but it should be fun.

I weighed in this morning at 239.6 lbs.  Unfortunately, this is a bit higher that I thought I was.  But, it only inspires me to work harder.  I haven't been eating lots of sweets - and those that I do, I eat half as many/much as I really want to.

No comments: