Monday, January 9, 2012

Post 100! Exercise Day 2 and general ramblings

Stats:
This is my 100th post! I'm rolling on the floor laughing because this blog was started May 13th, 2007, and now, 4.5 years later, I've reached my 100th post.  I wish it was going to be more interesting, but I can't say that much has happened!  Hooray! I am proud of myself though.  So, here are the stats of my blog thus far!

I don't know why I'm so addicted to the statistics... I mean, who cares?  I use it as a journal mostly, but I guess I do have some things that I would like the world to know.  And you'll notice, the spike is when I kind of started self-advertising on facebook.


Push-ups: Day 2
Yesterday, I was incredibly sore.  Today, I am relatively sore, but I didn't feel that I needed the 90 seconds of rest in between my sets.  I didn't do quite as many as day 1, because I didn't have to do the assessment.  I'm a little disappointed in myself, because my max today was also 10.  I was hoping to do twice the suggested minimum again (minimum was 7, so I wanted to do 14), but that didn't quite work out.  For the most part I was able to keep a stead pace and keep my tummy off the ground.  We'll see how day 3 goes on Wednesday. 
Instead of staying consistent with the days of the week, I am choosing to just take one day of rest.  I'm afraid that if I always skipped the weekends, that I would lose hope in doing it.  So, it'll always be on the odd days of the month (at least for this month.... next month it'll be even days). 
When I get home tonight, I plan to do Biggest Loser Fitness again.  My legs were pretty sore from that the other day, which surprised me because I didn't feel like I did much.  It's either that or talking Britton into doing P90X or going to Planet Fitness.  The very last option would be best since we are already paying for the membership each month. 

General Ramblings:
I love getting things shipped sooner and quicker!  I ordered a textbook and toner for my printer on Friday of last week and they shipped yesterday.  And to make things even more awesome, they're being shipped 2-Day Air via UPS.  I absolutely love it!  I'm not always this lucky, but I'm super pleased this time around because I want to review my Organic Chemistry book x1000 before class starts next week.

I'm crazy nervous about O Chem.  I haven't taken any chemistry since 2009.  I took Intro to Chem I & II my first year (07-08) and then retook the second semester Fall '08 and took O Chem I Spring '09.  I've already told one of my APhiO brothers who does tutoring for the chem department that we're going to be best friends this semester.  I've got to pass. I will not be an undergraduate student any longer. 

Speaking of next semester, I have no idea how I want to schedule my working hours.  I'm in class from 9-1 every day, with labs Wednesday afternoon and Thursday night. I'm thinking it would be super nice to be done with the work week by Wednesday.  But I also don't want to be on campus late every day of the week, since that makes making dinner really, really difficult.  I thought about working 8 hours on Sundays, but then I don't have any time on the weekend to do homework (because I have difficulties doing homework at work, though I used to do that...) or make dinners or clean my apartment or do laundry. 

I'm planning on working Wednesday nights, because Britton will be teaching - so it makes sense for me to stay on campus. So, I just took a time out from writing this and I think I figured out when I want to work.  Yay me!
I'll still be on campus from 8a-9/10p on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and it means working 4 hours on Sundays, but I suppose I'll live.  I really want to switch out of my Thursday night lab, but since there are still 10 seats open in it, that means more 1-on-1 time with the TA, which is fantastic.  Usually this means that they are a little more laid back.  It also means there are less students to ask stupid questions.  Later labs are often also filled by students who work during the day, which is also nice, because often this means they are older students.  That being said, I think I've figured out my schedule for this semester.  Hopefully it's fully approved.  Right now, I'll have either Tuesday or Thursday off (depending on when I get scheduled my ambassador hour) and Saturdays off from work.

No comments: