Saturday, March 6, 2010

Making decisions

Have you ever made a decision without knowing all of the information?
I have. And I have done .it recently. It's backfired on me and I don't
know how to fix it.
I was informed of a situation involving a couple members of a group
I'm in, however I heard it second hand from someone who wasn't
involved, but is the head of the part one of the people involved is
in. All he knew is what was in the situation and police reports. He
asked me if I felt the person involved should step down because of an
action this person made involving someone they are leading and
teaching. Without hearing the other side of the story, and without
reviewing the bylaws, I agreed with the person not involved amd the
counterpart of the person involved that the person involved should
step down. However the group that the person involved is teaching
didn't understand why both parties were not being punished. After
hearing the whole story, I didn't feel that either party should have
been punished from our group because it wasn't a group function.
Within this group disciplinary action is only to be assigned after all
parties involved have a chance to state their story to the exec board.
When approaching the person not involved, I worded my (and the
majority's) feelings wrong saying you instead of we and without
stating that I shouldn't have agreed in the first place. The person
involved reacted rudely and strongly against me and rudely criticized
my leadership skills. The person not involved has also been making
decisions and demands that have not been made before and it seemed the
person not involved reacted as if everything revolved around that
person. Its bullshit and the things that were said should not be
affecting me so strongly, but I can't get it off my mind and I really
don't want it to bring me down anymore. I know those involved are on
my side.

--
Sent from my mobile device

"Play difficult and interesting things. If you play boring things, you
risk losing your appetite. Saxophone can be tedious with too much of
the same."
~Steve Lacy

No comments: