Monday, March 15, 2010

so I might have said the wrong thing

Last night, when Britton called me we talked for a little while about how our days went.  Then I suggested that we should get married on an April 9th, because it was practically smack dab between our birthdays. And he replied that ok in 2020 we can do that. and I told him that I didn't want to be 30 before I got married. I don't even want to be 25.  I don't know why, but I have this fascination of being younger than 50 and celebrating my 25th anniversary (with Britton)!  This is what my parents will be doing in less than 4 years - they'll still be 5 years away from they're 25th.  I want to be able to say that! But, I don't have a boyfriend who feels the same way.  I don't want to be 30 when I'm having my first kid.  I want to be able to meet and play with my great-grandkids... when that day comes.  All of my grandparents are alive and doing fantastic, but none of them are very old.  If I have kids in the near future (more than 3-4 years from not, but less than 10), all of my grandparents (minus some tragic incident) will be able to have the joy of seeing them grow up.  I don't know why I feel so strongly about this, and I wanna say that I'm willing to wait for Britton, but I think he should consider my thoughts too.

No comments: