Friday, December 16, 2011

Case of the lighter fluid

If you're my friend on Facebook, you may have recently found me complaining about the stench of lighter fluid.

Let's go back to Starvation Gulch 2010.  After we were done building fires for the day, we were on pile watch.  Since that gets a little boring, we decided to have a barbecue.  The grill was charcoal, so we opted for a bottle of lighter fluid to help get things rolling.  Of course, with just one grill, there wasn't a need for an entire bottle and since I purchased it, it went into the backseat of my pickup truck.

Where it remained for at least a year and a half. With no problems.

Until recently, when I went to start my truck after our vacation and noticed it reaked like lighter fluid.  Ugh, the smell is terrible.  And I'll never say that I like the scent again! Ever!
I don't know what made this year different from last year, but I accuse Harold and Monica of stepping on it during one of our car rides together.  And thus, the greasy fluid is now all over my truck.

I have a bottle of febreeze that I am spraying on it every time I get in, but I don't know how long I can keep that up.  Oh and by the way, febreeze doesn't burn when it gets in your eye.

No comments: