Saturday, December 10, 2011

Things on my mind this week

  • Not passing evolution this semester and thoughts about next semester
I don't think I'm going to pass my evolution course this semester.  I've been studying and reviewing all semester long.  It makes sense in class. But for some reason, I can't put on the tests the knowledge I've been learning.  It's incredibly frustrating to have to retake this course.  Fortunately, I suppose, it is offered next semester.  And it fits in my schedule with the other 3 sciences courses I need to finish the second major. 

Next semester is looking to be rough.  I have to retake Bio 116x: Principles of Biology.  My very first semester (when the course was F105x) I got a C-.  It didn't matter for my minor, but now it does for my major.  How depressing.
It looks like I'll be retaking Bio 481: Evolution.  The professor for the spring semester is not posted yet.  I don't know if I would prefer the same teacher or if a new teacher with new perspectives and style would be better.
I also have to take the second semester of Organic Chemistry: Chem 322.  I already told my friend Micah, who is a chem tutor, that I will be spending plenty of time there.  I barely passed the first semester of O Chem and that was Spring 2009, so it's been quite awhile since I had to do it.
The last course I have to take is a biology elective.  I am opting for Bio 288: Fish and Fisheries of Alaska.  I don't expect it to be a cake-walk, but I'm hoping 22 years of living in Alaska will help me succeed.
It's also my last semester of campus involvement.  This both saddens and delights me.  While I wish I was able to stay involved forever, the people who I know who currently won't leave, drive me crazy.  I don't want to be that person in other person's life.  I will dearly miss being an orientation leader, a student ambassador, in the Pep Band (though that I might continue, so I can get into hockey games for free) and an active brother of Alpha Phi Omega. 
  • Wedding plans
Planning has been going fantastically.  We have booked and placed deposits on our venue, catering and our photographer.  My dress has been ordered.  Centerpieces are coming together nicely.  Save-the-dates have been sent. Invites are in the works.  I'm so excited to be married with the love of my life. 
  • Honeymoon plans
Will it be a cruise? A trip to Maui? Who knows! 

No comments: